Flipkart Gift Card is another customer-centric scheme by the e-commerce giant Flipkart. If you are also curious to learn about Flipkart gift card like how to use Flipkart gift cards, benefits of Flipkart gift cards, and more then keep reading.
A Flipkart gift card is a digital card that you can gift to your friends or family members. It allows them to purchase their desired product from a vast category provided by the e-commerce giant Flipkart. This article will help you understand what a Flipkart gift card is, how to use a Flipkart gift card, its validity, and more.
- What is a Flipkart gift card?
- What is the validity of a Flipkart Gift card?
- What are Flipkart gift card PIN and ID number?
- How to use a Flipkart gift card?
- Benefits of Flipkart gift card
- How to get a Flipkart gift card?
- How to add a gift card to the Flipkart wallet?
- How to check the Flipkart gift card balance?
- Flipkart gift card terms and conditions
- How to convert a Flipkart gift card to cash?
- Limitations of Flipkart gift cards
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is Flipkart gift card?
A Flipkart gift card is a digital card that contains a certain value and can be used to shop for different products on the Flipkart app or website.
A Flipkart gift card is your ideal gifting solution. Flipkart launched its gift card as an easy and comfortable replacement for cash. A Flipkart gift card is a perfect gift for your loved ones on any special occasion, as it provides a choice to them to buy something they want and whenever they want.
If you are someone who finds it difficult to decide what to gift, all you have to do is purchase a Flipkart gift card and present it to anyone you want. Flipkart has a wide variety of gift cards starting from small fashion essentials to travel coupons.
What is the validity of a Flipkart Gift card?
The validity of a Flipkart gift card is for 12 months or, in other words, one year from the date of issue. After the gift card expires, it can not be used for any payment. In addition, there is no refund.
What is Flipkart gift card PIN and ID number?
After completing the purchase process for a gift card, you will get a Flipkart gift card PIN and ID number in the mail ID you have entered. This ID number and PIN will be used while redeeming the gift card or adding it to your Flipkart wallet.
How to use Flipkart gift card?
A Flipkart gift card can easily be used as a mode of payment during checkout. Here are the steps you can easily follow to use your Flipkart gift card and make payment:
- Open Flipkart app or website.
- Choose the product you want to buy.
- Click 'Proceed To Pay' when you are ready to checkout.
- Select 'Pay By Gift Card' option.
- Enter your 16-digit gift card number and the 6-digit PIN number.
Flipkart Gift card can be very beneficial for a person who is a regular customer at Flipkart. By following the about steps you can get a clear idea about how to use Flipkart Gift Card without any hustle.
Note that if the gift card value doesn't complete the order amount, you will be asked to select an additional payment option. In addition to this, funds will be deducted from your Flipkart Gift Card when you place your order, and if there is a cancellation, the credit will be refunded back to your gift card.
Benefits of Flipkart gift card
Flipkart gift card comes with loads of benefits. One of the biggest advantages of a Flipkart gift card is that it allows the receiver to buy their desired product at the time they want.
- Flipkart gift cards are valid for one year, and you can use them whenever you like within the validity period.
- It is an ideal gift as it allows users to buy products from their desired brand any time they want.
- Flipkart allows you to combine a maximum of 15 Flipkart gift cards in a single order. This helps you pay your complete amount with your Flipkart Gift card.
Also Read: Benefits of Flipkart Supercoins
How to get a Flipkart gift card?
Gift Cards range from Rs. 50 to Rs. 10,000 and above, and it is very easy to get them through Flipkart gift card store. But if you are new, here is how you can get a Flipkart gift card of your choice:
- Visit the Flipkart app/website.
- Login to your account.
- Go to the Gift Cards Section.
- Click on the 'Gift Card For All Occasions' option to see all the available gift cards.
- Select the gift card you want to purchase.
- Enter the name and email ID of the person you want to gift it to.
- Once done, you will be directed to the payment page.
- Now, select the value of the card that you want to purchase.
- Click on 'Proceed to Pay.'
- On the checkout page, select your payment option.
After the payment is made, the Flipkart gift card code will be sent to the given mail ID and will be ready to use. In addition, a Flipkart gift card number and PIN, along with terms and conditions, will be sent. Note that you can also send the gift card to your own email ID if you wish is buy it for yourself.
How to add a gift card to the Flipkart wallet?
It is very simple to add a Flipkart gift card to your Flipkart wallet. But if you are a new user and the procedure seems a bit confusing, here are the steps you can follow to add your gift card to your Flipkart wallet easily.
- Login to your Flipkart account.
- Click on the main menu on the home page.
- Tap on the Gift Card option.
- Scroll down on the explore page.
- Click on 'Add Gift Card To Wallet'.
- Enter your Gift Card Number and Gift Card PIN.
- Click Apply.
And you are done! Now you can easily check your gift card in your Flipkart wallet.
How to check the Flipkart gift card balance?
It is very simple to check your Flipkart gift card balance any time you like. You can easily log in to your Flipkart account and check your balance. Here are the steps to check the Flipkart gift card balance:
- Login to your Flipkart account.
- Open the menu from the left corner of the screen.
- Scroll down and click on the 'Gift Card' option.
- From there, tap on ‘Check Gift Card Balance’.
- A space would be given where you have to enter your Flipkart Gift Card number and PIN.
And, done! That is all it takes to check your Flipkart gift card balance.
Flipkart gift card terms and conditions
With all the benefits, a Flipkart gift card also comes with certain terms and conditions that you need to know before purchasing a gift card. They are:
- Users can only redeem the Flipkart gift card on the official website or application.
- Users can purchase Flipkart gift cards on the official e-commerce site/app only by using the following payment modes - Credit Card, Debit Card, and Net Banking.
- Users are not allowed to buy Flipkart gift cards or Flipkart subscriptions with their already-owned gift cards.
- Gift Cards cannot be used to make purchases in bulk on the platform.
- If the order value is more than the Gift Card amount, the user is required to pay the remaining balance by Credit Card/Debit Card/Internet Banking.
- Cash on delivery is not allowed as a mode of payment to pay for the remaining balance.
How to convert a Flipkart gift card to cash?
There is no direct way to convert your gift card into cash or transfer a Flipkart gift card to your bank account, as the company does not allow that. But instead, you can easily use them as a payment method to buy various services depending upon the value of the gift card you have purchased. You can easily use a Flipkart Gift card to pay for products from different brands on Flipkart.
Limitations of Flipkart gift cards
Even though Flipkart gift cards have lots of benefits, it also comes with certain limitations. Below is the list of limitations you should remember while buying a Flipkart gift card.
- You can use a Flipkart gift card on the Flipkart website and app only. It cannot be used even on the partnered websites except Myntra.
- You cannot use a Flipkart gift card to purchase other gift cards from various brands from Flipkart or for Flipkart First subscriptions.
- Gift cards cannot be redeemed for cash or transferred to your bank account.
- Flipkart gift cards cannot be reloaded or resold to anyone.
The Flipkart gift card is yet another customer-centric feature provided by the e-commerce website Flipkart. A Flipkart gift card is the ultimate gift for your relatives and friends. It allows them to purchase their desired item from the wide range of products given by Flipkart.
If you are looking forward to buying a gift card, this article will be a perfect guide as it includes all the details you need. Understand what a Flipkart gift card is, how it works, and what are its benefits and limitations with the help of this article. Also, stay tuned for more such information.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. What is a Flipkart gift card wallet?
Ans1. Just like any payment app, Flipkart also has a wallet that can be linked to your bank. You can easily store your Flipkart gift cards in this wallet and use them whenever you like.
Q2. How to get a Flipkart gift card voucher?
Ans2. You can easily buy a Flipkart gift card voucher from the Flipkart product page. Just visit the product page, select the value of the gift card voucher and click on buy now. After entering your details and completing the payment process, you will get your gift card ID and PIN.
Q3. Is there any way to get a Flipkart gift card for free?
Ans3. No, there is no free way to get a Flipkart gift card. You have to purchase it from the Flipkart product store.